Friday, July 30, 2010

what have I been reading?

I haven't posted a finished book because there haven't been any finished books around here.  dang.  We recently learned that most county libraries charge for late books.  Our last library in Gainesville forgave the fee once the book was returned.  Needless to say we were never in any rush.  So after paying a few bucks for some outstanding books I have not made it back to check anymore out until I am sure I have the time to read them.

But for now I am reading a book that was on my own shelf.  It is a biography written about Dawson Trotman, the founder of the Navigators, the interdenominational Christ-centered organization that John and I work for.  Daws is one of the most detailed accounts written about the start of the international organization and the man who was behind it all.  It is extremely interesting to me because it is part of my heritage now too!  And this man is a man of faith and discipline, things I can certainly grow in.  If you like biographies, I think Dawson is enough of a one-of-a-kind character to interest you!  Dawson Trotman believed God for big things, and took Him at His word, then invited people to do the same.  Other less lengthly books are The Navigator and Living Legacy.







1 comment:

Passionpen said...

Hey..I started reading the other biography of his, but I stopped because I wasn't fond of the writing. Have you looked at that one? How do you like this writer's style of writing?