Friday, July 23, 2010

berra pickin'

So I have had a dream the past few years to go pick something at a local farm.  Apples, berries, who knows.  This past weekend my dreams were realized in Tennessee.  We went to the Apple and Berry Farm that David and Pamela had been to before.  This is the map they used to show us where were were headed.  Cardboard.

The Fellas are gathering energy for the picking about to commence



Blueberries were first.  We could have picked all day long there were so many.



next was the blackberries.  These were a little harder, and this is where I think I got my 20 bug bites on my legs.



and finally, peach pickin.  which was not really fruitful. literally. figuratively. But John made up for it with his good looks.



All in all each couple took home about 5 lbs of Blueberries, 5 lbs of blackberries, a few green peaches, a fresh fruit slush and a smile!



Now for a peach blueberry blackberry pie.

No comments: