Monday, April 18, 2011

a delightful surprise

We had dinner reservations at the melting pot tonight because we were
taking advantage of their free cheese fondue promotion. To my
surprise, John told me once seated that he intended to order a full
four courses in celebration of our first year of ministry in
Jacksonville! What a man I married. We talked about what we will
remember about this year, about our new house (closing on Wednesday,
Lord willing), and about our last dinner together at Melting Pot,
November of 2005, after John propsed to me. That dinner five plus
years ago was also filled with excitement and anticipation as we
dreamt in our private dining room about the future. About dates,
places, guests . . . I called myself Melissa Teten out loud, and only
took my eyes off John long enough to look at the sparkling ring he had
just placed on my finger.
Memories.

4 comments:

Philip Georggi said...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i love the two of you so much, i could burst.

Philip Georggi said...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh i love the two of ya so much i could burst at the seams.

Sherry - Mommy Missionary said...

very sweet

Sherry - Mommy Missionary said...

very sweet!