Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tour De Corn, a midwest travel (second edition)

My husband and I really enjoyed our time in South Dakota, Iowa, and Nebraska. We tried to fall into tourist traps, but we only succeeded in the free or cheap traps. We took a brief little jaunt through Wall Drug. It is a small town that used to have one shop called Wall Drug. A store with your typical drug store finds. But it became pretty popular and so other stores copied the idea and started selling more and more souvenier treasures. Today it is a street long store, shop after shop is connected to each other. Naturally John tried on a cowboy hat and holster. And naturally he looked a bit goofy and sexy at the same time.
It seems goes well with the basketball shorts and new balance tennis shoes.
John tends to have a desperado smoldery yet lone on the range look right.

A famous treat at Wall Drug is 5 cent coffee. I am not sure what I expected, but brown watery mud floavor is not what I had imagined.

We stopped for a little stretch break and found a little haven next to the Missouri River. A relaxing and memorable little moment.



And we had the privilege of seeing the home in which my mom became a baby. She grew up in this house in Brandon, South Dakota before they moved to Minnesota. A cute little home for sure. I can see a baby momma running around in the front yard.




No comments: