Thursday, January 06, 2011

new

Its a new year, and I am a new age.  26!  It is the first time I feel like my age is more old than young.  I know that most people would scoff at that statement, but I feel it.


My 25th year was different than I expected.  In both great and frustrating ways.  One thing that is true is that I have come near Jesus through His word in ways I have never known before.  I have experienced the power of the scriptures in my life.  Praise God.


I look with anticipation at this next year.  A song lyric from John's favorite band says, "this year is a sealed envelope; with apprehensive hope we brace for anything."  I feel a lot of apprehensive hope for all that lies ahead.  


A verse that sums some of the lessons of the year is psalm 107:9


for he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.


Only my Lord can satisfy me.  Only in Him will I not be found wanting.  And in addition to Himself, He graciously offers good things too.  So I seek to be satisfied by God, and to humbly see the good things he is giving me.


And finally, this morning I read a verse that I want to pray for this year.  Psalm 119:74


those who fear You shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in Your word.


How marvelous it would be if by grace I would hope in God's promises and that it would cause rejoicing!  Well. . .here goes . . .

No comments: