Saturday, October 02, 2010

Eric came to Jax!


My brother-in-law came out for a few days.  He is in the process of interviewing for P.A. schools across the country.  Lucky for us he applied and got an interview at NOVA in Jacksonville.  How wonderful would it be if he and my sister would move here!  John and I haven't lived near family since we got married.  

As soon as we picked him up we went straight to the beach to stick our piggies in the sand.  We got some southern BBQ once he was done interviewing and then spent today touring the city a bit.




we tried out the Riverside Arts Market in one of our favorite parts of the city.  It is held under a bridge right next to the St. John's river so it is beautiful and breezy!  


we also tried out the Cool Moose Cafe.  its a breakfast stop in Riverside that we loved.  It is cute and little and is pretty hipster, so I used my hipstamatic to capture the moment.  And can you believe it?  I CHOSE cheesy grits as a side.  This would NOT have happened a few years ago.  But my husband and the south taught me a valuable lesson, a tasty lesson.

You can leave Eric, but only long enough to get April in Arizona and come back to live!  We had such a fun time.  

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love riverside arts market and your shout-out of your love of grits :)