Tuesday, October 09, 2007

never mind . . .

amid my frustration over my clothes I ran across this youtube video from a guy visiting his compassion child.


makes me forget about my clothes . . .


The crazy reality that I am learning about more and more from some of my classes is the fact that slavery still exists in large amounts. 80% of slaves are women and 50% are children. Watching this video caused me to be so thankful for compassion among the various orgs that seek to bring hope and a future to these precious people.
I guess anyone who has not considered it could consider sponsoring a child now. John and I have been sponsoring a boy named Biplob from Bangladesh and who even knows if it has bettered his chances from not being sold into slavery by someone who needs to make some more money.
I have been reading Not For Sale and I am hardly far into it but I have been devastated by the reality and prominence of slavery today. Please join me in allowing God to soften our hearts toward His precious ones. I am pouting for a good reason now.

2 comments:

Becca and Jordan Duvall said...

Okay, weird. Lately I have been thinking about sponsoring a child and I was reading your blog and was in tears watching the video. Then I look over at the TV screen to find a commercial for Children's Christian Network... Hmmmmmm...I think I know what we need to do :) I miss you and love you Friggy.

Melissa said...

I miss you Becca, when can I see you and talk to you?